First Tortoise Table

Acorn87

I'm looking for the best way to seal up my first tortoise table! My boyfriend surprised me with it and we want to make sure we seal it safely. He has suggested a spray on sealant that is non-toxic for RV's.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Here's what one of our members has to say about this subject:

GBTortoises - Indoors any good quality semi-gloss alkyd enamel latex paint works very well, easy to apply, no nasty fumes, non-toxic, durable and easy to keep clean. With a primer coat and two coats of paint it will last for several years. I have used it for a finish on indoor tortoises enclosures for over 25 years. Some of my oldest enclosures have only required repainting once in that time period. No need for liners and so on.

Acorn87

After some confusion and searching around and reading, I have become impatient waiting for my tortoise table and am going to use laminate flooring to line the inside! There was nothing on any of the shelves that I felt was safe enough while at the same time being effective at moisture prevention.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
After some confusion and searching around and reading, I have become impatient waiting for my tortoise table and am going to use laminate flooring to line the inside! There was nothing on any of the shelves that I felt was safe enough while at the same time being effective at moisture prevention.

Its what we used for our rf....vinyl tiles...so easy to clean...