First Tortoise EVAR! <3

KTyne

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chilliwack, BC
I got my first ever Tortoise tonight, and she is so adorable! She is about the size of my palm and so cute.
She apparently has been having some issues with her shell on her belly according to her previous owner. She is living in a 20 gallon long tank right now but I'm going to be getting her a huge tub in the next few days here to set up! I'll make another thread to ask about setting up that. :)

Anyways, here she is!

I know it's a crappy photo but her scales/skin looks like there is stuck shed there? I'm not good at noticing if anything looks off with Tortoises... especially since this is my first...

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
Thanks! I will get good photos of her face and all tomorrow once it's not so dark in here! I will also be wanting to ask about enclosures (specifically substrate and how to keep it humid enough but not damp...) but I'll make another thread for that. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi:

As to the 'stuck shed'...you can take a tooth brush and gently scrub her legs to see if you can clean them up a bit.

KTyne

5 Year Member
Chilliwack, BC
Thank you guys, and thanks for the tips of the shed or dirt or whatever it is! She is hand shy though so now sure how well I'll be able to to do that as she pulls in to her shell whenever my hand goes near her.

Oh and here are the extra photos requested! I hope they're good enough to see if she is looking healthy. :)