Fire Bellied Toads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RascalDesertTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
AZ
okay....i'm getting fire bellied toads and put together the 20 gallon tank today. I want to wait about a week to get the frogs to make sure the habitat is accurate and any help would be appreciated! :) Here are some photos of what I have now. I want it to hold the feeder guppies humanely so should i get a small filter? I plan to add a small bubble wand to keep the water moving, will that be enough?

Thanks!

100_4500.jpg

100_4501.jpg

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Wouldn't you need a filter, anyway, to keep the water clean for the frogs? I would think, anyway...

VERY nice tank! It's gorgeous! :D

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
I know this post is almost two month old, but I'd thought I'd say this anyways.

guppies are a bad idea in the tank with the Firebelly, the guppies might die because of toxin, or the guggies might try and eat the toads. It's best only to keep firebellys with only firebellys.

I recommoned getting a Thermometer & Humidity Gauge. These guys are pretty forgiving but they need anywhere from 60 t0 80 percent humidity and tempertaure anywhere from 72-78F.

I keep my tank at 88 percent humdidity, and temperture any from 75 to 78F.

Have fun, there toads are pretty awesome.

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
I kept fire bellies in a 100 gal terrarium years ago. 1/2 water, & 1/2 land, & a small waterfall. They had tadpoles like crazy. I moved the tadpoles into a 10 gal aquarium, with an air driven foam filter. Had good success raining the tadpoles into toads.
Had to buy a lot of baby crickets to feed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.