FINALLY .....HYPO RF'S ARE HATCHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
So I am gonna ask a question, are those different than albinos?

Hypomelanistic is defined simply as a "reduction of dark pigment (melanin) when compared to a wild specimen". Hypomelanism is a genetic trait that typically results in a variable reduction of black/brown pigment, usually allowing the underlying colors to become more visual and displaying some pattern loss and or spotted. Hypomelanistic is thought to be closely related to amelanistic….. Often the name is shortened to 'Hypo'.
LINE BRED MORPHS
This refers to traits that were created through selective breeding over many generations. Traits that are line bred include hypo-melanistic (hypo),
RECESSIVE MORPHS
Albino two copies of albino gene (recessive) appearance is albino
Het Albino one copy of albino gene (recessive), one copy of “normal” gene (dominant) appearance is normal
(non-albino)

JD~:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hustler said:
WOW...... That is AMAZING....
How many do you think you will end up with ?

There were 10 eggs in the clutch ... which is LARGE for redfoots...the rest look good , just the waiting game..now ... Keeping fingers crossed and hopes high!

JD~

matt41gb said:
Those look awesome!! Good job!

-Matt

Hey thanks Matt! ..... Iam very excited to say the least~ :D

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Nice Jeff looks like its starting out to be a great clutch already!!! Im excited to see how many of those will hatch out. :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Nice Jeff looks like its starting out to be a great clutch already!!! Im excited to see how many of those will hatch out. :)

Hey thanks Elliot....Keeping fingers crossed and nerves a jumpin' hope your lil gang is doing well!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow, very unique!! Looks like that little one has a cool scute pattern going on too :)

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Those hypos are strangely amazing! The legs stand out compared to that shell.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Congrats JD! Beautiful hypo and a very different carapace patterning from any I've seen. Are they Cherryheads, Venezuelan or...?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
HLogic said:
Congrats JD! Beautiful hypo and a very different carapace patterning from any I've seen. Are they Cherryheads, Venezuelan or...?
Art,
Mom Was a Hypo RF and Pops a Cherry~ I should be getting hypo to hypo eggs this season........:p
We shall see .....;)
soak.jpg

jD~:)

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Dad was a normal cherry? Interesting! My g/f has a couple of hypos (Venezuelan) that are about 2 years old. I can't wait to see what they produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.