Finally finished! ..... I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulcatasweety

5 Year Member
Sulacata tortoise And yes only two small holes for the light cords to go through ! Humidity stays constant @ 84% and temp climbs during the day to 90 with his basking at 108. It's freakin great. Turbo loves his home! ImageUploadedByTortForum1378859827.440379.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Nice job! you mentioned your daytime temps...but what about nighttime temps! With that kind of humidity around the clock...temps need to stay right around 80F...even higher is OK! I love the variety of greenery in there...they'll munch it down to nothing within a couple weeks! ;)

sulcatasweety

5 Year Member
My average temps pretty much stay at 84 at night. I have a CHE that stays on and is on a thermostat to kick off at 95 on the warm end. And to be honest he doesn't really eat the landscaping. He prefers the grass as opposed to the plants. Lucky I have several trays to switch out as needed. And he goes outside to graze everyday

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
This is a very well done closed chamber. You are not 100% finished, of course. You will find things to change and as your tortoise grows you will need to make modifications. For now, you should be very proud of what you have built. Your tortoise is fortunate to have a keeper with your skills.

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
Careful "finished" is always a fleeting matter. You will find yourself sitting there some night and thinking "What if I did this?" and then a new project starts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D No enclosure is ever "finished" some new idea always comes to mind to try! :D You have done a wonderful job and should be very proud of yourself.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Love it! Now you'll (hopefully) have some time to plan his next one when he out grows this one.

sulcatasweety

5 Year Member
Lol , I definitely knew it wasn't over! I've already come up with more ideas to expand. And just today started on a bigger outdoor enclosure Now he has two ! One is planted with a tortoise mix and fescue. And his new one will have Bermuda , wheatgrass and cactus. My poor husband thinks I've gone crazy

Oh and thank you everyone for the nice compliments [WINKING FACE]

Status
Not open for further replies.