Finally adopted Lilly-first red foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
I have been active on the forum for a while, researching and preparing tell I could find a tortoise to adopt. Over memorial day weekend my husband and I drove 6 hours to Longmont, CO and got the new love of our life-Lilly from Ann Elizabeth at the Colorado Reptile Humane Society. I am so happy that there is someone here in the central US to provide this vital service.

Attachments

• lilly 003.jpg
    lilly 003.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 49

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Ahhh great story and nice to meet you Lily and proud mama:)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I think she's going to be spoiled! We need more pics of her:)

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Here are more pictures, she loves to find the dogs old lost bones and she will chew on them for hours at a time. I give her cuddle bones but she would rather have the "found" bones even though she really can't chew anything off of them. One of the pictures is of her with a freshly stolen cow ear, she walks right up to the dogs and takes their treats(they let her) then proceeds to try and eat the ear. She can't ever take a bite out of them but it's never give up and try, try, try for Lilly. I just adore her!

Attachments

• lilly 028.JPG
    lilly 028.JPG
    834.8 KB · Views: 11
  • lilly 050.JPG
    lilly 050.JPG
    619.6 KB · Views: 13
  • lilly 058.JPG
    lilly 058.JPG
    952 KB · Views: 11

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York

Greenhopster

5 Year Member
Looks like a very good fit. You know this is just the beginning. There will be torts everywhere at your house. Congrats. Jim

Crystal2807

5 Year Member
Nebraska
Redstrike said:
Congratulations on a great looking Redfoot!

You want to be extremely careful with Lily and the dogs, they really do not mix well - especially unsupervised. The link below is a bit lengthy, but it's an excellent post by a very experienced person here on the forum.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...d-dogs-DO-NOT-MIX-No-exceptions#axzz1zcKn8cC4

Again, congratulations and have fun!

Thank you for the article, I have read this one and would never ever leave them alone together. The dogs know they are not suppose to eat her, but if I were not watching she would be fair game to them. I understand the danger of leaving them alone together and it will never ever happen-my dogs are way to naughty when not supervised;)

Status
Not open for further replies.