Finally 125gal Turtle Tank is almost Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL

After 3 wks of patience, hard work, and planning it's almost done. Now just have get it filled up and add turtles :) Watch the Video above.

What do ya'll think

bmt123

5 Year Member
That tank is huge I can't wait to see it full of water and turtles.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I wish I had a 300gal, but this tank was the biggest i could fit in my room for now,it's 72in H, 18in W, 24in H

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Very nice, I'd love to have an aquarium someday like that set up in my living room. I'd rather watch that than the tv. Something in the 300 gallon range would be good.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
jtrux said:
Very nice, I'd love to have an aquarium someday like that set up in my living room. I'd rather watch that than the tv. Something in the 300 gallon range would be good.

Totally agree. I wish my wife would let me pocket the money we spend on cable every month to spend on turtles!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nice !!!! BTW NICE LEG SHADOW LOL

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Bahaha mike i worked hard on that shadow

Team Gomberg, will be housing Graptemy's Versa (Texas Map Turtle Breeding Pair), Pseudomy's Texana's (raising these out and plan on trading them for something later on ....not many people work with this species), and one Callugar Borneonsis ( he will be going into a 600gal once he's about 9-10in....hopefully the idea is to have a breeding group of them)

Also i got it up and running today all was going great, till i saw a tiny pinhole leak coming from the overflow box....the acrylic didn't seal in one tiny spot (manufacturer fault) but im not going to complain, i sealed it up and now it's drying time....then tomorrow will be a go for adding turtles. I think i may go buy more guppies to put in. I have five males and one female....one of my texanas went to eat some spinach leaves and when he bit down the fish swam into his mouth....smh...needless to say it died and no one ate it.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Here's a more updated video with the turtles in, i'll get another video with the fish. I plan to add some drift wood, and possibly some live plants for the cooters and borneo to eat on

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Looking good, the Texas maps really show how big the tank is, lots of water you go there lol.

Also how many cories do you have? They like to shoal in groups of 6+ they also breed fairly easy and you will soon find eggs in your tank. They def do help keep anything off the bottom. I have green cories

Check out my site and channel:
Www.tortoise-spot.webs.com
Www.youtube.com/tortoisespot

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I've got 6 of mixed species.....1 emerald...1 julie, and 4 spotted. I'm trying not to add to many because i'm moving in a year to florida. I've got so many other fish that i have to get rid of too...i hate having too, but it's not easy to move fish as easily.

Haha yeah the Texas maps make the tank even bigger!! Hopefully once i'm in florida I will have all of these guys in a lot bigger tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.