filter advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaF

5 Year Member
Does any one have input on the Marineland magnum 350 vs. The marineland C series canister filters? I went to get the 350 but the clerk said I would be very unhappy with it and to go with a C220.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
I have a magnum 350. Its a great filter for the money, but not the easiest to clean or change your media. The C series I believe would be easier from that aspect. The magnum 350 is about as cheap of a filter you are going to find that is rated for 100 gallons.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I recently had to replace my old faithful filter in my tank for my RESs...I purchased the Marineland Magnum 350....needless to say, I was not pleased at all....I could hear the propeller (even though seeded correctly) and it did not clean the water as effectively as my older much smaller filter...It was a big mess dealing with the medium (ick, seriously) and the filter pads did not snug in to my liking....sooooooo, I took it all apart, washed it out and even took the pads back with everything and explained it was not to my liking...no prob at Petsmart...

My recommendation; Aqueon Quiet Flow (I am using the 55/75 for up to 90 gallon) ...I am using a 55 gallon tank right now...well let me tell you, I LOOOOVVVVEEE IT...it is one of the best handy power filters I have ever had (and I use to run 4 canister filters in the past on a 100 and 200 gallon tank)...

Now, they do sell ones designed for larger tanks. The filter cartridges are sooo simple and no mess (after all, who likes to be covered in that icky black mess)....good luck in your shopping and hope whichever one you select you get an awesome system :D

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Well if you have a 100 gallon filter you need double the filter that's my opinion also the canister filter are the best in my book and also if it's higher than what your tank is then you won't have to clean as much also they are nice I have heard and I have done some reading on them and I haven't read a complaint on the canisters but it's your preference

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
We got the cascade 1000 canister filter, can handle up to a 100 gallon tank, we only paid $99 for it but it has done a wonderful job, water has stayed crystal clear and it is almost silent have to stand right next to it to even hear that its running...

Status
Not open for further replies.