female leopard!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Screenshot_2017-10-05-03-53-24.png Screenshot_2017-10-05-03-54-04.png I finally found a female leopard tortoise for sale! She is coming in the mail on Tuesday. I'm buying her from Arizona sulcatas. Azsulcata.com
I can't wait until Tuesday....
Here are pictures! Once I receive her I'll post pictures on the split schute thread. Evidently some people haven't seen too many split shoot adult tortoises and were wondering if it was because of split schutes causing issues?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Split scutes are just not that common. It's not the way they are suppose to be, so won't see a lot of them. However, there has been a lot posted here over the years. Not sure there has been many adults posted though. I don't think it's known what causes it or if anyone has resulted from split scutes except most seem to turn out female, but not all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She's got a lot of rubbing type wear on her shell. The worn spots are not in the usual places where we see wear from breeding. I wonder what her story is. I love the aberrant scute pattern.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
The owner said this rubbing was from going in and out of a hide. Some sort of hole one had dug I guess. I thought it was odd rubbing pattern too...

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
I saw her advertised a little while back, and was really intrigued by her pattern. I'm glad she found a loving home in sunny Florida. Congratulations!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Just a theory, but my guess as to why you don't see very many split scute adults is because most end up being female and people tend to hang on to breeder females.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
That's true. I have no intention of ever letting her go. Despite her being a little escape artist! She's gotten out of my backyard every day since I've had her. Lol luckily my backyard is inside another backyard. But I really have got to get that fence gate fixed. Hurricane Irma took down the fence in one spot and made it so the gate doesn't latch as well as it should....