Female Leopard possibly for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Due to some pretty difficult times I am THINKING of selling my beautiful leopard. She is 7 years old, healthy and wonderful. She's around 11 inches and weighs about 7 lbs. She laid eggs a few months ago and has been alone. I am just debating this and wanted to get a feel of what kind of home would be out there and how much I could get for her. Money is a big issue these days and it just kills me to even write this. I have 2 RF's that I have had longer and I can't stand to part with any. My beautiful leopard is probably worth more, is that SICK!!??? We just have to do what we can to shed some things that are draining us and all the extra lights is just another thing. I have read so many things about people having to place/sell animals and prayed I would never be like them. Guess what. life sucks. I am really not sure if this can even happen, but when and if I get responses will let me know. They will never go on Craigs list!!

Attachments

• leo3.jpg
    leo3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 192

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
The tortoise is worth as much as someone is willing to pay, there is no stick price or bluebook on tortoises. Best thing is to just to put the price you think shes worth, or what you think you put into her, and negotiate the price as needed.

PS: sorry that you have to give her up, sometimes times arnt right, and like you said money isnt there. But, she will find a good home.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Redfootedboxturtles said:
Hey whats going on with her? I am thinking I really want her so when you figure things out my email is [email protected]

Hi there, First off I have to say THANK YOU. The responses that I recieved after the first post have been absolutely wonderful , offers to help, ideas on how to save money, and just general words of kindness.
I have also gotten many emails that just said put a price out there,so I decided if I say I want a thousand dollars for her, if I get that., I can know she has a great home and I can pay for my stupid car repair. That's about what it comes to. I live in Mass and I shipped a pair of russians once and they did fine. We are having snow and cold weather right now. But soon things will be better!
AND if the price is ridiculous that's OK too. I am putting it out there.
I know that a pet is only worth what someone will pay and I have seen leopards go for more and less, and I know the economy sucks and pets are a luxury, so please no bad emails saying I am crazy. It will help me make a very very important life decision!
Again I wish to thank everyone who took the time to write, thanks. This board is full of some very selflish(word?) folks.
Nadine

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
So you arnt selling her or you are? or your not giving her up unless its 1k or more? so confused, is she for sell?

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Millerlite said:
So you arnt selling her or you are? or your not giving her up unless its 1k or more? so confused, is she for sell?

Sorry if it's turned out to be confusing. If I can sell her for 1K I will sell her, otherwise I will keep her.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi Jennifer,
No, seems by me putting a price tag on her of a thousand scared away anyone.
I am trying to work things out, but not getting something substantial for her would really make me feel worse for having to do it in the first place.
We are trying to figure out things here and who knows, if she dosen't go, maybe it wasn't right for me to try to sell her at all.
Thank you for asking.
Nadine

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Nay, I can understand that you are only trying to reassure yourself that she is going to a good home, by charging such a price, but honestly, you are probably never going to get that much for her.

I was doing a little kingsnake trolling, and I found an add for ivory leopards, and males (adults) were only $700.

You have a normal leo, and for the fact that she is female you might get a decent price for her, but it again, probably would not be $1000.

A member here offered to take her, when you get things settled out. You should talk with them, and see how much they can financially pay.

When my family has done rescue work in the past, we have always not disclosed the adoption fee, until a good home was found, and then usually, we did not ask for one at all. The money does not tell you how well she will be cared for...

overall, I really think that you should rethink your asking price. and talk to the members here that were interested in her. She would have a great home in no time, and plus, you will have the added benefit of speaking to her new owner through this site.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Thank you Meg,
And I do realize that no amount of money insures a great home. I just have such a tough time even thinking about getting rid of a beloved pet and feel iasking alot of money is my way of saying well I tried but... and then things work out and I didn't sell her. Spring is coming round the corner here and then they can be outside and all will be right with everything!!!! I might just do as you suggest and I thank you for being frank. You are absoultely right and if and when the time comes someone from here would be the best.
Take care
Nay
Also can you or have you posted a pic of African Clawed frogs? Thanks

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
You're welcome dear!

I tell you what, I will do a whole thread for my ACFs! look for one within the next hour, I'm home alone, and have nothing better to do! My male was just singing!

oswego tort lover

10 Year Member!
oswego co. ny. u.s.a.
she's worth $1000 easily. offer her on kingsnake . mated she would pay for her purchase in one year. or hang on to her and get a male your self, she'll only increase in value with greater size.........ed

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Now that's a thought......How small of a male can I get away with? Or maybe a better question, how old (or young) will a male need to be before he will do the deed?
Thanks Nay

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
I don't know about age or size for breeding, but keep in mind if you are bringing in a new tort everyone recommends a 6 month separation from your other tort to avoid passing on diseases and parasites. So it might be sometime before you could let him "do the deed".

Dawna

And unfortunately unlike dogs I don't think there are "stud" torts out there. :p
Although I am sure there are plenty of torts that are "studs" (pretty good looking) :cool: out there

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Hi Dawna,
Of course I was just thinking stuff out loud and silly. I was be hard pressed to purchase another pet, when I am entertaing thoughts of selling one to help get out of the situation I am in, then I could possibly just have two. Maybe when this passes I will be on the lookout for a male. I will assure you, and others I really attempt to do loads of research before I would try and jump into any situation that has to do with animals, especially long lived animals.
And also I am sure there is ALOT more to it than throwing in a male and a female together and think I will be making lots of little babies and sell them all for loads of cash!!!
Thanks for the reply!!
Nay

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Nay said:
Hi Dawna,
Of course I was just thinking stuff out loud and silly. I was be hard pressed to purchase another pet, when I am entertaing thoughts of selling one to help get out of the situation I am in, then I could possibly just have two. Maybe when this passes I will be on the lookout for a male. I will assure you, and others I really attempt to do loads of research before I would try and jump into any situation that has to do with animals, especially long lived animals.
And also I am sure there is ALOT more to it than throwing in a male and a female together and think I will be making lots of little babies and sell them all for loads of cash!!!
Thanks for the reply!!
Nay

This is a really good place to think in writing :D someone will always have a twist you haven't thought about. I hope you didn't think I was chastising or criticizing you. I was just trying to help you think. :p Good luck with everything that's going on. It's always darkest before the dawn. Then the sun rises.

Dawna

Status
Not open for further replies.