Feet in water dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Tyrone for the last few days, has stood with his front feet in his water dish ...he will do this for hours, even falling asleep.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this ... Or is Tyrone just being his quirky self and giving himself pedicures?

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Tyrone for the last few days, has stood with his front feet in his water dish ...he will do this for hours, even falling asleep.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this ... Or is Tyrone just being his quirky self and giving himself pedicures?

I am glad someone else has this happening...sometimes I find Jerry Lee sound asleep with one or two legs in his water dish-nothing else-its very cute :D

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
wellington said:
Is it cute? I wouldn't know, no one has shared a pic:) :D :)

LOL next time I catch him doing it I will take a pic-since you played such a big part giving me advice for his URI that is the least I can do!!! :)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Thank goodness someone else has fought their RF doing this! I thought something was wrong!

I will try to get picture!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
He was sleeping and my flash woke him up .. He is grumpy looking! ImageUploadedByTortForum1374621869.317453.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1374621887.206317.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
My Ruben does this with his back feet...

I only caught Tyrone doing that once with his back feet ... I wonder why they do that? Sigh, how I wish he could talk....

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
I wouldn't worry to much about it. Seems its just a tort thing. I'd only be concerned if the whole tort was in the water dish cause I feel it'd lower the body temp. Possibly just a weird tortie thing :) maybe they're just lazy :D

sniperstan

5 Year Member
I would make sure there is a side of the enclosure that has lit and one that doesn't, often torts do this a a cooling behavior. Make sure he's not over heating.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Alan doesn't do this yet! Mo however does...he zonks anywhere! Alan however thinks he's too superior to be seen asleep and will hide under his log!

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I call it sleep wallowing :) Harper does this occasionally, and it's always cute.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Well I am glad Tyrone is not the only one! Tyrone will sleep any where...sometimes he will be pacing back and forth and just stop mid pace and zonk out!

Status
Not open for further replies.