Feeding

Jodimsteinberg5

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville
I’ve adopted 2 year old sulcata. I also have 2 healthy 8 month torts that’s I’ve raised. My question is do I feed the 2 year old everyday? I would think so, but have been reading where some people don’t. The previous owner only fed him a couple times a week. I do t want to over feed, but I don’t want him to go hungry. I tend to spoil my tortoises

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
I’ve adopted 2 year old sulcata. I also have 2 healthy 8 month torts that’s I’ve raised. My question is do I feed the 2 year old everyday? I would think so, but have been reading where some people don’t. The previous owner only fed him a couple times a week. I do t want to over feed, but I don’t want him to go hungry. I tend to spoil my tortoises
Tortoises know when they're full, they're not like goldfish. And I would feed it every day since they have huge appetite.
Notice how fast a sulcata can grow, then you'll know they really need a lot of food.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Most tortoise species are grazers. I feed mine every morning and leave enough food that they can pick at it all they want throughout the day. They won't eat it all in one sitting. At 5pm I'll collect their dishes and discard any uneaten food.