Feeding ? is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt581

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jackson MI
What days should I feed them what foods?

Still trying to get them to eat lots of grass! Still little luck there outside 15hrs a day.

Somedays I feed Tortoise diet,carrots,corn,Lettuce,collard greens,berries,dandelion's,pumpkin (in season),watermelen,cantalope,parsley and some more things.

How ofter should i be feeding them this stuff?

thanks

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
More greens and grasses!

The bulk of their diet should be greens and grass. In addition to the collard greens & romaine lettuce, try Spring Mix salad, turnip greens, mustard greens, etc.
Many young tortoises don't really care for hay too much because its too tough. You can try Orchard Grass for rabbits, its a little softer. And if you have the opportunity, get the little bugger outside so he can graze on some grass!

Keep everything else to minimum, mainly the other vegetables and fruits. They really can't process that stuff well, especially in large quantities.

What kind of tortoise diet you are using?

matt581

5 Year Member
Jackson MI
Most of the time Artisan Lettuce and collard greens and as (treats 1 time a week) I do the other things but Tortoise diet I do that 2 times a week

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I feed my larger sulcatas every other day. Mixed greens and squash for example one day and then dry orchard hay and soaked mazuri the next. I also let them eat all the grass and weeds they want outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.