Feces!

philipgreece

Location (City and/or State)
Kefalonia
Hello guys and I'm sorry again but I'm very annoyed this month 😡😡! I have been trying to send samples feces in my capital city and the first time never reached and the second was late 3 days and that's because we have big massive problem in Greece with delivery companies! The first time I did the trip on my own and I was there to see the vet and did all the exams! It's too painful to do that trip again for my tortoises and for money too! I try everyday to take my money back also! In this island I live maybe I can find panacur but I don't know if It's the right thing to give them a little bit! I have read about cloverleaf! Does anyone know about this? If yes one Friend of mine will come from England in May month! Is there any natural way to deworm them safely? It's been about one year and a half that I dewormed them but I think I didn't do in a right way because I didn't change the substrate! I worry about them because I had them at my yard and maybe they ate something dirty! I weighted then 2 days ago and I have to say they have gained weight and they still eat with good appetite!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I think, de-worming "just in case" isn't the right thing to do. There are some types of parasites, who are not affected by Panacur at all.

Since your tortoises are doing great (gaining weight, eating, have firm and regular stool), I would not be concerned.

As I understand, any vet lab can do the fecal test (it doesn't have to be a specialized exotics vet clinic).

I haven't heard of proven effective natural de-wormers (means confirmed by research), unfortunately.

philipgreece

Kefalonia
I think, de-worming "just in case" isn't the right thing to do. There are some types of parasites, who are not affected by Panacur at all.

Since your tortoises are doing great (gaining weight, eating, have firm and regular stool), I would not be concerned.

As I understand, any vet lab can do the fecal test (it doesn't have to be a specialized exotics vet clinic).

I haven't heard of proven effective natural de-wormers (means confirmed by research), unfortunately.
Unfortunately I live in a very small town that noone has the experience of tortoises! The only thing that I can have from them is x-ray and for this too I had to begged them! They don't even have any calcium for reptiles or substrates! Even the pet shop we have here they don't bring anything about tortoises! I have to order everything from other cities even from outside of Greece!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Unfortunately I live in a very small town that noone has the experience of tortoises! The only thing that I can have from them is x-ray and for this too I had to begged them! They don't even have any calcium for reptiles or substrates! Even the pet shop we have here they don't bring anything about tortoises! I have to order everything from other cities even from outside of Greece!
Oh, I know your pain... Here in Cyprus things aren't much better :)

philipgreece

Kefalonia
Yes, I live in Cyprus. Moved there a few year ago. Beautiful country and great people. But Greek is tough to learn :)
Alex I begged a vet from here that she occupied for turtles! I gave samples and she gonna tell me about the results!
Yes, I live in Cyprus. Moved there a few year ago. Beautiful country and great people. But Greek is tough to learn :)
Ok Alex! I took new samples and I begged a vet that she occupies with turtles and she can make the diagnosis! I will have my results at night! @Tom