February turtle

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
well here it's just February and I didn't expect to see any of my box turtles up for at least another month but with this "Bipolar" weather I guess anything is possible. Butterfinger is out wondering around, she seems healthy but on the light side, eyes are open and look good. Giving her several soaks and then back to the leaf pile when the cold front moves back in tonight.IMG_0319.JPGIMG_0320.JPGFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
well here it's just February and I didn't expect to see any of my box turtles up for at least another month but with this "Bipolar" weather I guess anything is possible. Butterfinger is out wondering around, she seems healthy but on the light side, eyes are open and look good. Giving her several soaks and then back to the leaf pile when the cold front moves back in tonight.View attachment 199554View attachment 199555View attachment 199556View attachment 199557
What beautiful turtle!!! Love the colors/patterns. Must have some real nice genes:)

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Wow Craig, Butterfinger is a looker! I don't think I've ever seen an Ornate with that combination of pattern and color. Got any more like that you need me to take care of for you?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Wow Craig, Butterfinger is a looker! I don't think I've ever seen an Ornate with that combination of pattern and color. Got any more like that you need me to take care of for you?
Man I wish I had another that looked as good as her.

My daughter made a blanket for an older couple that's friends with my in-laws last year out in the Western part of Oklahoma and they had her as a pet for several years. when they took them the blanket they gave her butterfinger . She came up with name because those colors are very similar to the candy bar.
She mated with some of my males late last year so hopefully come spring she will lay some eggs. I will put you first on the list if she does.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio

My daughter made a blanket for an older couple that's friends with my in-laws last year out in the Western part of Oklahoma and they had her as a pet for several years. when they took them the blanket they gave her butterfinger . She came up with name because those colors are very similar to the candy bar.
She mated with some of my males late last year so hopefully come spring she will lay some eggs. I will put you first on the list if she does.

I thought she was one you got last year, definitely a keeper! Although my insides would be turning with her up already...

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I thought she was one you got last year, definitely a keeper! Although my insides would be turning with her up already...
Yeah I wasn't excited to see her up and I wasn't expecting it. Looking at this weather I'm thinking several are about to start coming out soon.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1486859726.015620.jpg

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Yeah I wasn't excited to see her up and I wasn't expecting it. Looking at this weather I'm thinking several are about to start coming out soon.

View attachment 199587

Yeah, those temps would be calling for a few to come up. I wish Ohio had an up coming forecast like yours! You better get your phone on a charger, lol!

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Harlingen, TX

I'll take second dibs on hatchlings if you don't mind!:)

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Just remember Craig I'm your agent so all negotiations on future hatchlings go through me, lol!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
That's a great looking turtle.

This weather is crazy for sure. Supposed to reach the 60s, even near Chicago. It was 53 last Saturday. I was wearing shorts...

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1487171311.258967.jpg

I know right! It's snowing right now then 60 on sat...my sinuses are so confused:)