favorite foods???

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NV
Hey blastoises owner again. Just looking for first hand advice on what YOUR leopards favorite foods are! Mine took a taste out of a leaf but thats all since i got him yesterday. I know hes just stressed and scared but i wanna treat him a little :) show him im a good guy lol

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Mine love cactus muzrui pretty much all green's they all so love to graze as so as I put a tray of grass in the enclosure they devour it :p

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
coreyc said:
Mine love cactus muzrui pretty much all green's they all so love to graze as so as I put a tray of grass in the enclosure they devour it :p

tray of grass? like a tray youre growing grass from? and ive heardd those cacus are delicous to them from a few sources. ill see what i can do for the shy little guy.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
blastoise91 said:
coreyc said:

tray of grass? like a tray youre growing grass from? and ive heardd those cacus are delicous to them from a few sources. ill see what i can do for the shy little guy.

I have several small trays of tortoise grazing mix that I grow in doors I rotate out every few days or when needed

blastoise91 said:
coreyc said:

I have several small trays of tortoise grazing mix that I grow indoors I rotate out every few days or when needed

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
I sew. Thats a good idea. Currently i have an organic mix of lettuces and greens. All under list of edible by leopards so no worrys lol. But u know how small and young he is. Is there something i should be feeding a hatchling like him or is what i have ideal. And what of the vitamin powder. Is he too young? I dont wanna leave anyrhing out or assume im doing this the right way for his size.

EKLC

5 Year Member
Here are some things to add:
calcium supplement, without vitamin D3

A high quality powder mix like TNT from carolinapetsupply (made from weed powders) is useful to fill in nutritional gaps

Every week or two give him a little zucchini or pumpkin for vitamin A. vitamin A deficiency can lead to respiratory infection.

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
I have some trial size zoomed reptivive powder i got from the expo. Is that well known to be good for tortoises? Or some brands i should look at??

blastoise91

5 Year Member
NV
About the zuchini and pumpkin. Theres many types. Any type ideal? Or any types to stay away from?

Status
Not open for further replies.