Fake girlfriend for my tortoise

kit0407

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
My hermann tortoise has been pacing around again lately. So I was wondering if it is because he has an urge to mate. I bought a 1:1 fake tortoise for my tortoise. Seems he likes it a lot and have been "mating" with it enthusiastically. Most important thing is...he has stop pacing around. He went straight to sleep or go back to basking after the "exercise".

Finally solved the problem of him pacing around

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Well. That "fake" girlfriend looks very real to me too...!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I think you should also include some sound effects ! Zola only gives a small squeak - but then he is trying to mate with my shoe (with my foot inside it,but fortunately he ignores that ! ) He is 23 now, and has remained fairly devoted to my foot over all those years - he has had flings with a plastic tortoise - and I have changed my shoes over the years - I can't spoil his pleasure by just leaving him to it entirely.
Angie

kit0407

Hong Kong
I think you should also include some sound effects ! Zola only gives a small squeak - but then he is trying to mate with my shoe (with my foot inside it,but fortunately he ignores that ! ) He is 23 now, and has remained fairly devoted to my foot over all those years - he has had flings with a plastic tortoise - and I have changed my shoes over the years - I can't spoil his pleasure by just leaving him to it entirely.
Angie
I found the squeaky sound quite scary...he keeps squeaking like a baby🤣 So he is still obsessed with your shoe over all these years? That's very cute indeed haha😆

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I found the squeaky sound quite scary...he keeps squeaking like a baby🤣 So he is still obsessed with your shoe over all these years? That's very cute indeed haha😆
He was still very small - 4 or 5 - when he was on his dad's desk, examining his computer, and climbed on his hand, which was over the mouse, and started moving up and down, squeaking -his dad was alarmed and called me - so I explained what he was doing. It was very funny, and we had never heard him squeak before ! So that's 19 years ago - his squeak is just the same !
Angie

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
My hermann tortoise has been pacing around again lately. So I was wondering if it is because he has an urge to mate. I bought a 1:1 fake tortoise for my tortoise. Seems he likes it a lot and have been "mating" with it enthusiastically. Most important thing is...he has stop pacing around. He went straight to sleep or go back to basking after the "exercise".

Finally solved the problem of him pacing around
Where did you get the "girlfriend"? My 5-year-old male Hermann's is exhibiting the same behavior and he might need a "friend" for a while as well. :)

kit0407

Hong Kong
Where did you get the "girlfriend"? My 5-year-old male Hermann's is exhibiting the same behavior and he might need a "friend" for a while as well. :)
I bought it in Hong Kong. But I think you can buy it from Amazon. You can search "Fake Tortoise" in Amazon they have it too😆

20240326_093826.jpg

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
I bought it in Hong Kong. But I think you can buy it from Amazon. You can search "Fake Tortoise" in Amazon they have it too😆

View attachment 368496
Thanks! I actually used to have a really nice ceramic tortoise "statue" that was about the right size, but it was hollow and became an impossible puzzle when one of my cats decided to knock it off of my desk. :(

I'll look around for something sturdy so he won't break it if he gets too aggressive.. :)

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
My outdoor enclosures has a few tortoise sculptures and there is one that Fezzik ran right over to very aggressive, but then realized it was fake and never bothered with him again.