Eye inflammation?

midichlorean

Location (City and/or State)
southern ca
Wondering if this is inflammation from injury/scratching, or possible eye infection.

The affected area seems to be the upper left eyelid.

Video here:

Looks like scar tissue or swelling. But doesnt seem to affect anything. Eye opens normally during eating.
The color of the eyelid is not white, but yellow, pale, like his neck skin.

Everything else is good eating and pooping is normal, he is walking around and able to soak.
I will try using ointment and doing more regular soaks this week since it has been the hottest so far this year.

Thanks for your input! I will be taking him to the vet sometime this week and picking up some eye ointment.

What do you guys recommend for eye ointment? I heard human medications can be used??20180624_104841.jpeg20180624_104831.jpeg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Wondering if this is inflammation from injury/scratching, or possible eye infection.

The affected area seems to be the upper left eyelid.

Video here:

Looks like scar tissue or swelling. But doesnt seem to affect anything. Eye opens normally during eating.
The color of the eyelid is not white, but yellow, pale, like his neck skin.

Everything else is good eating and pooping is normal, he is walking around and able to soak.
I will try using ointment and doing more regular soaks this week since it has been the hottest so far this year.

Thanks for your input! I will be taking him to the vet sometime this week and picking up some eye ointment.

What do you guys recommend for eye ointment? I heard human medications can be used??View attachment 243054View attachment 243055

Gorgeous...after a bit I forgot why I was watching him....lol....but, I would hold off on putting any medications in the eyeball...I mean, the eye is beautiful, open, bright and clear....it likely is a superficial issue and I would use a small clean squeeze bottle and put clean clear water in the bottle and gently flush the eye area with clean water for a few days....if there is an obtect irritating the lid...the flushing will likely aid in clearing it out.....again, the eye is clean, clear, bright and does not appear to be affected....I would focus on flushing the outer eye lid area and again, vets should, in my opinion, be the last option when a superficial situation as this.....oh did I say, how gorgeous that tort is :) :)

midichlorean

southern ca
Gorgeous...after a bit I forgot why I was watching him....lol....but, I would hold off on putting any medications in the eyeball...I mean, the eye is beautiful, open, bright and clear....it likely is a superficial issue and I would use a small clean squeeze bottle and put clean clear water in the bottle and gently flush the eye area with clean water for a few days....if there is an obtect irritating the lid...the flushing will likely aid in clearing it out.....again, the eye is clean, clear, bright and does not appear to be affected....I would focus on flushing the outer eye lid area and again, vets should, in my opinion, be the last option when a superficial situation as this.....oh did I say, how gorgeous that tort is :) :)
Hi ascott, thanks for your comment! I'll do more soaks, and see if that helps anything in the next couple days. Thank you

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi ascott, thanks for your comment! I'll do more soaks, and see if that helps anything in the next couple days. Thank you

When you do the soaks....be sure to gently flush that eye lid area...if you don't have a clean squeeze bottle...then simply use a cup and fill with water and slowly gently drizzle/pour over the head and be sure to get it to go over that eye lid.... :)