Exoterra Tortoise Cave

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
My tortoise cave came in so I thought I would share pictures just in case someone was thinking about getting one. It is big and could easily fit an adult box turtle , Russian or one the smaller tortoises as adults also. It is not made of the rock material like I thought it would like most of their products which I was hoping for a humid hide. I use in with the rock type material for my leopard geckos humid hide which works great. I love how the water condenses on the top.This material is light and hopefully it will work for a humid hide.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426192809.404575.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426192821.456452.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426192838.720583.jpg

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Here is a close up if the material used as I said before it is light weight.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426193648.973769.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1426193664.908445.jpg

ARA

5 Year Member
I like it, looks like it's made of fibre glass

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
This is a little different than the cave I had, I like this one much better I may have to look into this. How wide is the opening, I can't see the tape well enough.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
This is a little different than the cave I had, I like this one much better I may have to look into this. How wide is the opening, I can't see the tape well enough.

I will measure it for you later.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East

@leigti It measures 8 inches across for the opening.

Last edited:

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I bought one for my redfoot..i like it but she pushed it out of the way and lays behind it.
Maybe if you had it flat against the wall she wouldn't do it. Sometimes my Russian pushes things out of the way just because she can. I may get one of these I like the looks and size of it. I like my enclosures to look as natural as possible.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
How's The Humidity In There ?

It is higher inside the cave that the outside. 78 % in the cave and 60 outside. That is without a Che . I purchased a Che to put over it to make a warm hide so I will check the humidity and get back to you. Without the Che right now the temperature in the cave is 76 degrees to give you an idea. I will send the Che thermostat to 80 degrees so it won't be much warmer than it is now.