Excited to find this forum. Honored to take care of 5 tortoises of 3 species. Eager to learn more and hear your comments!!!

etreal

Location (City and/or State)
Monterrey, Mexico.
Hi everybody!!! I am really excited of finding this forum and have the opportunity to learn more. My name is Eugenio and live in Monterrey, Mexico. I am the proud keeper of Jacinta, a 20 years old female leopard tortoise that I got in year 2000 as a hatchling; Mili and Marty, 2 adopted male Ghopherus Berlandieri (local guys in this area) and 2 Sulcata hatchlings I just got 2 weeks ago that need to be named yet.

I will post some picks of them. Please feel free to make your comments.

Jacinta is a real fighter. It is so well adapted to our local climate (that is crazy), and to my poor knowledge. It is 16.5 inches long flat carapace and 23.5 inches curved carapace; weighting 15.3 Kg. (34 pounds). I think it has very little to no pyramiding, but please comment; Only once to the vet with parasites some years ago, and always very active, hungry and sweet. It recognizes my voice and as you can imagine it is a famous lady in the neighborhood. Can you please let me know which one of the subspecies is it?

Because of Jacinta, I got Mili and Marty as donations. They just wake up from an almost 5 months brumation 2 days ago. Their place for rest? Around the water boiler!!!

If you or someone you know lives in Monterrey area and has a leopard, sulcata or a gopherus, please let me know!!!

Any advice is welcome and if I can be of help please contact me!!!

Jacinta 1.jpgJacinta 2.jpgJacinta 3.jpgMarty 2.jpgMarty.jpgMili 1.jpgMili 2.jpg

NoxidMullac

London
Wow. What a beautiful collection! They’re all wonderful. And welcome to the forum ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum! You've done a nice job raising that leopard tortoise. She looks great!