Excellent General Care Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I ran across this article this afternoon and thought it was very well written and informative. I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else is interested. Its beyond the basics, but not so detailed to be overwhelming.

Box Turtle Care

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I was all in until they considered twenty-gallon aquariums or concrete mixing trays suitable enclosures for box turtles, and newspaper, astro-turf, indoor/outdoor carpeting, straw, hay, medium wood chips, or alfalfa pellets a "good" substrate. And then continued to consider soil a bad substrate....Needless to say, I quickly dismissed this as irrelevant and misleading. Nice of you to post, however.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you for the article, but I have to agree with Peter. I can't imagine keeping one in a 20 gal. tank and the substrate....speechless here.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Terry,
I saw your name and then the picture, and then had to check the name again...You changed it =0.
All other information looked very good and informative, but then there were things like the housing and substrate that sounded like they came from Petco....

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
Well, sorry for a displeasing post. I don't agree with everything in there either, but I have yet to find an article that I do completely agree with. The mods are welcome to remove the post, since I can't, and its apparently horrible information. Pity, I thought a lot of it was very useful.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Hunahpu,
Its not a displeasing post, and in fact we thank you for posting it. MOST of the information is very informative; it just needs to be noted NOT to follow the housing and substrate information...The rest is pretty good. It doesn't need to be removed, it just needs to be guaranteed that no one will walk away with the wrong information from it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No...It's quite ok, Huna!! You done good, kid. For the most part it IS an informative article.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Absolutely! The only way we learn is by reading all these posts and it's great that people post new articles that they find.

RedfootsRule said:
Terry,
I saw your name and then the picture, and then had to check the name again...You changed it =0.
All other information looked very good and informative, but then there were things like the housing and substrate that sounded like they came from Petco....

OT...yes, I changed it. That picture was taken a few years ago, and I have to get a more recent one. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.