Ernie is protesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourlocalpoet

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I've had this problem too, he won't starve himself to death though, my leopard does the same thing, when i first tried to get her to start eating timothy hay she would always ignore her food, but if there was nothing else to eat she would eventually give up the protest!
If you are that worried about too much dandelion stop giving it all together until he eats his greens, he will eventually, if it's geens or starve he'll definitely give in soon!
Good luck!

TortoisesRock!

5 Year Member
Sometimes, my lil Franklin refuses to eat too! He absolutely adored collard greens and then just stopped eating them. I still offered them daily until it was time to go grocery shopping again and then I tried turnip greens and he eats those up! So, I'm thinking maybe they just get bored with their food being the same all the time? I'm no expert, just an idea.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Thanks everybody. Gonna throw in some new veggies. He's giving in veeerrry slowly..One bite a day :p

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I think sometimes they have us trained. To get Tank to drink (when I think he should) I will float a couple clover flowers in his water. Yesterday he went to his bowl looked all around and no flower so he walked away. I then put one in and what do you know he ate the flower then took a drink. He has me trained real good.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Try chopping a few dandelion flowers into very tiny pieces and mix 'em in w/ his greens...I've found this works w/ even the pickiest easters. :cool:

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Terry Allan Hall said:
Try chopping a few dandelion flowers into very tiny pieces and mix 'em in w/ his greens...I've found this works w/ even the pickiest easters. :cool:

He tediously picks out all of the dandelion pieces, avoiding the greens at all costs. Drives me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.