enjoying worms

ColleenT

Location (City and/or State)
Lehigh Valley Pa
I started a worm farm hobby kit and Wolowitz was happy to try the new European Earthworms. Rio was not hungry, i suppose.
woloweatingworm_zpslcjqc1vj.jpg

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
i got the Hobby kit- easy enough to make it on your own, but i was not sure what it was or what they used. Seems to be peat for bedding, the container has a few small holes in the bottom of it, so you rest it on the lid to catch any excess water. and i ordered the Super reds/European earthworms, instead of the little red wigglers. Same cost but i assume fewer worms. here is the kit.

https://unclejimswormfarm.com/product/worm-kits/worm-hobby-kit/

AJK Aquaria

i got the Hobby kit- easy enough to make it on your own, but i was not sure what it was or what they used. Seems to be peat for bedding, the container has a few small holes in the bottom of it, so you rest it on the lid to catch any excess water. and i ordered the Super reds/European earthworms, instead of the little red wigglers. Same cost but i assume fewer worms. here is the kit.

https://unclejimswormfarm.com/product/worm-kits/worm-hobby-kit/

Thanks.
I read the description. Are they supposed to reproduce in this setting? I've looked into DIY stuff, but I don't have a basement or consistent cool area. Or much space.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Thanks.
I read the description. Are they supposed to reproduce in this setting? I've looked into DIY stuff, but I don't have a basement or consistent cool area. Or much space.
You can raise some varieties of worms in a 5 gallon bucket. Some raise red them under their sink and feed them kitchen scraps.

Reactions: Rue

Rue

Canada
Our office had one going in their lunch room, many years ago (red worms I think, not earthworms). It worked well for a while, but then they ended up with huge fruit fly problem...

Just something to watch out for...

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
mine are not typical worms, they are european nightcrawlers. They have certain needs, so i am follwing instructions that came with them. This is all new to me..

blancka

I dont know what i feed mine with :D what ever is in the garden, but they love it :)
My boxies goes crazy when they are fed live food. Worms and such :)