Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexAndAimee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Keene, NH & Stamford, CT
Hey all!

I was wondering if any of you who own Leopard's could post photos and perhaps descriptions of your enclosures? My boyfriend and I are in the process of building our new little guy an enclosure, and since we're first-time tortoise owners, we're having a hard time deciding how the enclosure should be. Lots of the information we've read has been different, and since all types of tortoises are a little different, we want to make sure ours is as happy and healthy as possible! Thanks so much.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
How much space do you have to dedicate? That would be a nice start.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
It can be as simple as something like this.
8ba12454.jpg

Or this, this houses one male Hermanns Tortoise for the winter for me
6f75ac1b.jpg

1ec8169c.jpg

My 8" Leopard lives in the 6ft stock tank on the bottom here, one male Hermanns tort lives in the black tub for the winter. (previous home for a rescue Sulcata I had here, thats her in the pic)
3a518e50.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Anja posted some great pics. I have my leopard hatchling in a rubbermaid container. One end has a hide and is a little cooler. The other end has the water bowl, some rocks, a few dandelion plants. And of course, uv and basking light.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Alex & aimee , I keep mine outside. I just wanted to mention that just becasue they are a desert tortoise they should have both a dry, and a humid hide. Not a humid enclosure but just a humid hide box. Especially for hatchlings and juvies. Also they love to bask .

Anja how much are those stock tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.