Enclosure pictures & ideas

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I am looking to get ideas of how I want to build a second level on our russian indoor enclosure we ware currently building. If you have photos you would like to share, I would love to see them. If you have suggestions, I would love to read them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Click forum topics top right. Scroll until you see enclosures. You should find some second level pics there.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It would also help if you posted a pic of the 1st level enclosure. I would like to see what you built.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
ImageUploadedByTortForum1381517680.773017.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1381517695.382343.jpg
Here are a couple of what we started with.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I would just add a second box off the back (so it looks like stairs, if that makes sense), with tall legs supporting the back of the top level, then build a ramp up. I'd make the ramp start along the front of the lower level, turn along the corner, then up the side. It won't be so steep that way, and could even be a nice little hide area underneath, kindof. Hope that makes sense. :/

TobytheTortoise

5 Year Member
Here are photos of the indoor tort playpen (as we call it - because he likes to sleep in his tank in the other room) we made a few weekends ago. In the summer Toby gets to play outside but living in Minnesota we have to have a huge place for him to play during the day. The ramp is on a hinge and the whole thing is made up of three sections. Top level is his high heat area and there's a sun lamp and we keep adding obstacles for him as we come across cool things. I also have some grass and plants growing that will go in there on cookie sheets once they are established. (All are edible)ImageUploadedByTortForum1381799586.813680.jpg

StuMac

5 Year Member
I built this over the weekend. Decided Peaches could use some luxury so built her a penthouse suite. Will probably paint the rest of the enclosure now. She looked kinda apprehensive at first but then climbed up and had a wander about. Plus it gives her an extra hide underneath if she wants.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1381851661.905280.jpg

[TURTLE][TURTLE][TURTLE][THUMBS UP SIGN]