Enclosure Help

Rafael Moreno

I need ideas for my baby leopard tortoises enclosure i was something that can keep humidity and is closed and won't break the bank this is just the terrarium itself not including lamps,food bowl,ect...

Are vivariums good

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Would you be able to build anything yourself? I would suggest making your own closed tortoise table, since you can make them larger than most vivariums and it ends up being cheaper.

Vivariums tend to be on the small side. It would have to be replaced sooner than if you made your own, larger tortoise table.

Rafael Moreno

Would you be able to build anything yourself? I would suggest making your own closed tortoise table, since you can make them larger than most vivariums and it ends up being cheaper.

Vivariums tend to be on the small side. It would have to be replaced sooner than if you made your own, larger tortoise table.
Do you have any designs ?

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
This is mine:New Enclosure 2.JPG
I don't have a leopard, but I have a Redfoot, and she needs 80-90% humidity and 80-90 degree temps. I easily attain both with my closed chamber. It's made of wood but the inner top is all plexiglass and the rest I lined with pond liner from Home Depot so none of the wood is exposed to the humidity on the inside.

There are a lot of bigger, nicer looking enclosures in the enclosure section, you should definitely check it out. Some people even start their babies in covered plastic totes, which you could probably get away with for a while for a baby.