Enclosure Dimensions

SC1

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Good morning!
There are various species of tortoises I am possibly interested in. I am hoping that I can find some information on how big an enclosure should be for each type of tortoise listed (as an adult).
Redfoot, Yellowfoot, Marginated, Radiated, Star, Pancake, Elongated, Greek, Russian, Hermanns, Forstens, Egyptian, Leopard.
I would greatly appreciate it!

franklin444

U.S.A
I have a Russian tortoise and he is not fully grown so his cage is about 2x4 and a half. I do not have any other tortoises so I do not know the size for those tortoises enclosures.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Are you asking about an indoor or outdoor enclosure?

There is an easy answer for you that covers them all...as big as possible!

Somehow I don't think that's what you're looking for :).
So check out that link that Mark gave you, then come back and we can discuss it with you.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good morning!
There are various species of tortoises I am possibly interested in. I am hoping that I can find some information on how big an enclosure should be for each type of tortoise listed (as an adult).
Redfoot, Yellowfoot, Marginated, Radiated, Star, Pancake, Elongated, Greek, Russian, Hermanns, Forstens, Egyptian, Leopard.
I would greatly appreciate it!
The Indian stars, greeks, Russians, pancakes, Hermann's, and Egyptians, can get by with 4x8' enclosures as adults. All the others will need a room sized enclosure.

In FL, all of the larger ones can live outside full time with a simple heated night box:

So can the smaller species listed for that matter. I'm not sure how the Indian stars or Egyptians would do outside full time with your humidity...