Enclosure border

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Hi, I'm looking for a new border for my outdoor enclosure. Last year I had normal palisade which was 30cm high. This was to low for my spekii group and they run away and I found them anywhere in the neighborhood. So which border can I use which is minimum 50cm high?
Maybe you can share some pics of your borders!

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
I used decorative blocks (here they call them retaining wall blocks) and put a cap on top that overhangs into and out of the enclosure (wider than the block). The decorative blocks are glued together with a special glue designed for block and masonry work. Putting a cap that overhangs inside will help keep them from climbing out. The walls that are taller are made from cinderblock, and stucco over them.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I use plywood cut into 16 " strips .

Attachments

• 1396821448984.jpg
    1396821448984.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 59

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
La Mirada, CA
ImageUploadedByTortForum1396895063.971123.jpg

Not sure if you can see it very well in this picture but I have wood around my enclosure. You can cut them into any size you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Thanks for your pics. So I think the woods which you can cut like you want is the best idea for me. Because my mom don't want that I use brick rocks in our garden. And the the high fence isn't the right enclosure for some small kinixys and indotestudos ;-). I need 8m barrier for my enclosure. How much do you need? And how much wood pieces do you need? And can you give me a price ca?

SaladBowlServer

It's not done yet but I used 2x8x16 wood boards..my russian tort is small enough to not be able to climb out (but I am gonna put chicken wire that's wood framed to make it higher..so in case your breed is bigger that option is available too) Anyways I basically got the plain wood from lowes and water sealed it and it seems to work great! I have attached a picture below, ImageUploadedByTortForum1397025842.782740.jpgGoodluck with your enclosure!

Last edited by a moderator: