Leyland, UK
So, today was clean-out day for Emrys.

His table in September:

Table1-1.jpg

His table in October:

Enc11.jpg

His table in November:

NovEnc1D.jpg

I think I'm done making adjustments, now. I only changed things around this month to make my amazing new basking rock fit properly. I'm happy with it - though I'm trying to work out why everything looked so much nicer and cleaner in October. I think I just pressed the soil down more last month. This month, I've not bothered as much. I know that as soon as you add a tortoise...mess ensues:

NovEnc3.jpg

Also caught him scratching his shell against his cuttlefish today - first time I've seen him do that!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Awww.... good ole Emrys! He is looking good! Does he eat the cuttlebone or just use it for a good scratch? ;)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
AnthonyC said:
Awww.... good ole Emrys! He is looking good! Does he eat the cuttlebone or just use it for a good scratch? ;)

Hehe. Eats it pretty regularly actually. He's definitely getting his calcium intake!

You can see slight signs of damage on the last photo, but mostly he's taken chunks out of the other side. This is the first time it's been face down. He got a bit too enthusiastic with his scratching and it flipped over - don't think he's too happy about it!

Can hear him chomping away on it now, actually...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Torty Mom said:
Aww, so cute. Your enclosure looks amazing, you did a great job!

Thanks! I do hope I'm stopping now. I keep finding new things to add, and he'll have no space if I carry on. :p

I'm trying to calm my addiction down, but he is getting a small ball for Christmas, courtesy of my fiance. That's the last addition...I promise. :cool:

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Nice enclosures! I also re-adjust my torties enclosure often... always something to improve. :D
Your's looks really good now! Emrys is cute. Still love the color :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Very nice enclosure, and I like the basking rock. I am still trying to find a way to make my new guy enclosure look better..

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
dalano73 said:
Very nice enclosure, and I like the basking rock. I am still trying to find a way to make my new guy enclosure look better..

Are there pictures of the enclosure? And does he have a name yet?

I've been pretty busy lately but haven't seen updates. Have I missed any that exist? :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
cherylim said:
dalano73 said:

Are there pictures of the enclosure? And does he have a name yet?

I've been pretty busy lately but haven't seen updates. Have I missed any that exist? :)

I will have to post pictures of the enclosure and we havent decided on a name. He was called Oogway but my wife refuses to call him that..:p

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
dalano73 said:
I will have to post pictures of the enclosure and we havent decided on a name. He was called Oogway but my wife refuses to call him that..:p

:rolleyes: Why not? It's a great name!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
cherylim said:
dalano73 said:

:rolleyes: Why not? It's a great name!

I don't know, not worth the headache for me..:p

I think its a interesting name..

Status
Not open for further replies.