EMERGENCY TORTOISE REHOME

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hi guys I still am looking to rehome my sulcata. If anyone is interested please message me!!! He desperately needs a new home.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Check into any new members looking for only free tortoises. Many just want free so they can sell them. If they post only on free tortoise thread of any kind, they may not really want the tortoise for themselves.

Kybry00

Oxnard
Check into any new members looking for only free tortoises. Many just want free so they can sell them. If they post only on free tortoise thread of any kind, they may not really want the tortoise for themselves.
That is not what I was thinking of doing I have a big backyard but I couldn't see somebody not wanting there tortoise that's just horrible to me how could you not want your tortoise I would never get rid of my tortoises I love them all they're all my babies I will take them if they're not wanted anymore because I would if I could take them all thank you

nicoleann2214

NY
I know, it’s not my first rodeo hehehe. Thank you though :)

nicoleann2214

NY
That is not what I was thinking of doing I have a big backyard but I couldn't see somebody not wanting there tortoise that's just horrible to me how could you not want your tortoise I would never get rid of my tortoises I love them all they're all my babies I will take them if they're not wanted anymore because I would if I could take them all thank you
It’s not that I don’t want my tortoise, I love him but he needs better than what I can provide right now. Until that changes then I will keep him, his well being and condition is more important than me being selfish and not giving him what he needs

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There is a lot of circumstances that can make people need to re-home.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
It feels to me like 90% of people who have tortoises are not keeping them as they need to be. I give great kudos to those who recognize that and try to find a good home.

@Kybry00 - if you are in Oxnard, just go on craigslist, search the LA, SD or Riverside/inland empire area and you will see tortoises right now that have severe MBD and are kept in tiny boxes and people thinking they can sell them for money. reach out to them and offer to take them in, they desperately need it.

Here are two in San Bernadino: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/d/san-bernardino-tortoise/7572801222.html

Here's a Russian in bakersfield would love a larger enclosure: https://bakersfield.craigslist.org/for/d/bakersfield-russian-tortoise/7575813078.html

Here's one already pyramided in Corona: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/d/corona-tortoise/7569205783.html

LOTS in need to choose from...

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hi guys I still am looking to rehome my sulcata. If anyone is interested please message me!!! He desperately needs a new home.
Hello nicoleann2214, my name is Warren. I have a friend that may be interested in adopting your tortoise, he see me with mine. He is looking for a juvenile not a baby, if possible could you refresh me with it's size and a picture. If he's interested, I'm sure he would pay for any shipping charges. Have a good evening. Sorry to hear that you having to rehome your tortoise.

nicoleann2214

NY
Hello nicoleann2214, my name is Warren. I have a friend that may be interested in adopting your tortoise, he see me with mine. He is looking for a juvenile not a baby, if possible could you refresh me with it's size and a picture. If he's interested, I'm sure he would pay for any shipping charges. Have a good evening. Sorry to hear that you having to rehome your tortoise.
Hello warren! Yes, definitely. He will be 3 in March he’s about 30-35 pounds maybe more, I haven’t weighed him in awhile. Here’s a photo :) if you want to message me privately we can talk more about it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 39C1C2F9-14F4-479F-80FC-AA807CD872DC.jpeg
    39C1C2F9-14F4-479F-80FC-AA807CD872DC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello warren! Yes, definitely. He will be 3 in March he’s about 30-35 pounds, I haven’t weighed him in awhile. Here’s a photo :)
Goodmorning, thank you for your response. I will be going out shortly to contact this gentleman, I will stop buy his store, 7-Eleven. Will contact you later today.