Electrolytes!

philipgreece

Location (City and/or State)
Kefalonia
As I want to provide the best for my tortoises I have questions for these products! Last year a friend from England brought me reptoboost and nutrobal from vetark company! And indeed I saw big difference in my tortoises! They were more vivid! The cost now to order them from amazon is too high as they want for shipping and for costume office! So I found and ordered this! I have used this a couple of times but I don't know if it's good! I know it's not like reptoboost but should I continue with this product? Also I have heard about pedialyte from pharmacy but I have read some critics it has sugar in it! I have added to their diet sow thistles that I find from nature and not with chemicals! Is sow thistles for everyday food? The new product is from zoo med electrolyte! Thank you people all of you! 😊😊

Attachments

• nutrobal50gjpeg_large.jpg
    nutrobal50gjpeg_large.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
  • reptoboost100gjpeg_large.jpg
    reptoboost100gjpeg_large.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231109_152955.jpg
    20231109_152955.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Piedialyte should only be used for tortoises that are having some sort of problem. Like eye problems we recommend baby food carrots soaks and I usually recommend piedialyte for years to help. Things like tortoise won't eat, lethargic etc. I read a long time ago a member that used it with great success so I always recommend it.
I would not recommend it as a weekly or monthly addition.
I think all you need to give is a small pinch of calcium twice a week for hatchlings up to about three or so years old. If the diet is great with lots of the right stuff, its not needed at all.
Too much can be as bad as too little.

philipgreece

Kefalonia
Piedialyte should only be used for tortoises that are having some sort of problem. Like eye problems we recommend baby food carrots soaks and I usually recommend piedialyte for years to help. Things like tortoise won't eat, lethargic etc. I read a long time ago a member that used it with great success so I always recommend it.
I would not recommend it as a weekly or monthly addition.
I think all you need to give is a small pinch of calcium twice a week for hatchlings up to about three or so years old. If the diet is great with lots of the right stuff, its not needed at all.
Too much can be as bad as too little.
Ok thank you so much! As I said days ago I find out from nature: sow thistles,mallow,cheeseweed,hawksbeard flower and leaves,opuntia,hibiscus! And from vegetables I take only lamp lettuce! Sometimes radicchio! Cucumber or lettuce twice per week! I take them and cut them in small pieces and I give them to eat like a salad way! Please tell me what to avoid in a daily routine of these foods that I mentioned! Thank you!