ELECTRIC BLUE OFF WITH THE OLD ...FRESH N' NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Lygodactylus williamsi , aka ELECTRIC blue gecko is an endemic lizard species found only on Pandanus stem in Kimboza forest reserve in Morogoro region. Due to these coastal forests disappearing at an alarming rate..... this species is becoming a rarity in the herp world. This species young can be incubated in the same housing as the adults, but may fall as an easy meal too! ( they by far are the smallest herp I've ever hatched.....about the size of a large red ant when born) If you have the chance to remove the eggs you may do so as well and put them in the bator’.....but this is almost impossible as eggs are laid attached to the glass. I have both cooking right now in the tank ‘ and in the incubator. Incubation time is 60-90 days. Eggs are laid 2 at a time . One really cool idea is to use a thick bamboo, and or pvc pipe…as deco in the cage, thus the female can use them as “ lay hides” .. and when she lays inside of them you can remove the whole object safely into another hatching site. My colony consists of 2 males and 3 females and were obtained from a friend of mine in Germany , they are captive bred now into adulthood and have produced the last 2 years . You should keep males separate as they will fight to the death . Males are an electric blue / cobalt purple ( and they do “ color up“ like chameleons‘), with ultra cool black designs in their face. Females are usually a dull tan, to some pretty greens and both have an orange belly. Young males sometimes look like females and do not " color up" untill adult hood. Females are very hard to come by. It looks as they are going to stop importing these if anymore into the USA.
ELEM.jpg

I was able to capture this female in shed.......
Gshed.jpg
gshed2.jpg
gshed3.jpg
gshed4.jpg
gshed6.jpg
gshed7.jpg

JD~:)

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plainfield, IN
Beautiful! There are a couple of members with those on our sister site, Gecko Talk, so you may want to check that out... (hint hint ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.