Egg hatched!

Cutva

5 Year Member
My first egg just hatched yesterday or last night I went to check and there was a baby all the way out of the egg! What do I do?

motero

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Give it to somebody who knows what to do? You have incubated this egg for how long, and gave no thought to its needs when it hatched?

Cutva

5 Year Member
Give it to somebody who knows what to do? You have incubated this egg for how long, and gave no thought to its needs when it hatched?
I have the stuff but he hatched weeks before expect I just want to know when to take him out of the incubator to put him in his habitat. You don't have to be so rude!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Usually a couple days they are ok in the incubator. I remove them when the sac has absorbed almost all the way, but I put them on paper towels in a tub in the incubator. They will sometimes eat the substrate which usually isn't very good. Then set them up in a tank nice and warm on some coco coir with a mini water dish mini hide, and all the lights. So what's his sac looking like? I'd bet he's ready to come out since he completely emerged from the egg.

Cutva

5 Year Member
Usually a couple days they are ok in the incubator. I remove them when the sac has absorbed almost all the way, but I put them on paper towels in a tub in the incubator. They will sometimes eat the substrate which usually isn't very good. Then set them up in a tank nice and warm on some coco coir with a mini water dish mini hide, and all the lights. So what's his sac looking like? I'd bet he's ready to come out since he completely emerged from the egg.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420665310.650253.jpg This is his sack it was kinda hard to get a good picture.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh yeah he's ready to roll on his own. He will be fine in that tub for now until you can set something up for him. Russians grow very rapid from hatchling to yearling size. So a 15-20 gallon aquarium will work just fine for 6 months or so. Underpaid heater and or CHE for heat some coco coir and a UV light will work just fine with some hides and shallow water dish.

Cutva

5 Year Member
Oh yeah he's ready to roll on his own. He will be fine in that tub for now until you can set something up for him. Russians grow very rapid from hatchling to yearling size. So a 15-20 gallon aquarium will work just fine for 6 months or so. Underpaid heater and or CHE for heat some coco coir and a UV light will work just fine with some hides and shallow water dish.
Thanks! :)

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Adorable It looks like he/she is anxious to start exploring,

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
My first egg just hatched yesterday or last night I went to check and there was a baby all the way out of the egg! What do I do?

Your original question was so vague. Then you followed up with, "I have the stuff but he hatched weeks before expect I just want to know when to take him out of the incubator to put him in his habitat. You don't have to be so rude!" I was supposed to know this how?

Cutva

5 Year Member
Your original question was so vague. Then you followed up with, "I have the stuff but he hatched weeks before expect I just want to know when to take him out of the incubator to put him in his habitat. You don't have to be so rude!" I was supposed to know this how?
It's just that you assumed that I had no care about my tortoises and lack the ability to think ahead. I just wished that you would not assume that, sorry if I offended you with my pervious comment!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
WOW! Not only is your little one ADORABLE, but s/he looks ready to rock!!! :p