eating

Mikeysmom

My baby sulcata will only eat spring greens and dandelion leaves sprinkled with his d3 calcium. Won't eat the tortoise pellets at all. Is this okay? I soak him twice a day with sweet potato baby food so he gets nutrients is this enough? Help new worried mommy!!!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My baby sulcata will only eat spring greens and dandelion leaves sprinkled with his d3 calcium. Won't eat the tortoise pellets at all. Is this okay? I soak him twice a day with sweet potato baby food so he gets nutrients is this enough? Help new worried mommy!!!

Yes and no. I would offer a larger variety of greens. Weeds are favorites. If he doesn't eat the pellets that's fine. I would only use the calcium 2-3x a week and put a cuttlebone in.

No need to soak with anything other than warm water for 15-30 mins. Twice a day is fine.

Mikeysmom

What other kinds of greens should I offer? He kind of seems panicked when he stays in the water. He always trys to get out.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You are welcome. You can't go wrong with those care sheets. However if something doesn't make sense just ask, everyone is very helpful.

Mikeysmom

I am so glad I found this forum! I am looking forward to being part of The tortoise community!