eating veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal,Quebec
I'm SO excited!!! My little agustus (3 month box turtle) is eating veggies finally!! I have been offering him mixed salad,greens carrot ect and he never had anything to do with it,,but today,I made him a salad with shredded carrot,mixed spring salads,chopped tiny pieces of strawberry and he's eating it! I feel a load has been taken off my shoulders now! yay!

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
I have yes,,he loves everything and anything that moves,,haha, I'm looking forward to the spring when I can dig up some fresh red wigglers :) It's just that his diet should have some veggies and he never had the appetite before today, :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Baby box turtles are far more carnivorous than herbivorous. Usually for the first year or more, depending upon their growth rate. It's good that your's is eating some vegetable matter and it's worth expanding the selection. But I wouldn't cut back on the meat protein foods either. They're especially fond of different types of earthworms, slugs and other small, relatively slow moving prey. I've also had them attack small pieces of liver and beef heart on the end of a toothpick.

Status
Not open for further replies.