Eating poop?

Shay Waddell

My Memito eat his poop. As soon as he's done he turns right around and chomps down. Is that normal?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Yes, they "recycle" it for missed nutrients the first time around.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
No, it is what they do. Some things are hardwired into them. "Recycling" is just one of them, as long as they are not munching on dog poop, .

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
What do you feed? You can compare to the diet sheets on the forum. He has UVA/UVB, right (for d3 & calcium absorption)? This seems like a natural survival "trick" and maybe he didn't digest his food well, my guess though. I won't worry if it follows forum guidelines :)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
No, it is what they do. Some things are hardwired into them. "Recycling" is just one of them, as long as they are not munching on dog poop, .
I was just replying then you replied a min. before me, lol :)

Shay Waddell

He get a variety of greens and every third day he gets fruit. I sprinkle calcium and he gets protein. He has all his lights. His humidity is 80% and his temp is in the 90s. He has the works! He even eats better than I do!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
He get a variety of greens and every third day he gets fruit. I sprinkle calcium and he gets protein. He has all his lights. His humidity is 80% and his temp is in the 90s. He has the works! He even eats better than I do!
Hope he's stays safe and all right !