eating a rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

babylove6635

5 Year Member
my female sosha rt was trying to eat a rock. is this normal? or is she just tring to do something with her beek? she will bite mine and my husbands fingers too. none of my others bite does anyone have a clue?

here is the pic of her eating the rock

Attachments

• sosha resized.bmp
    156.5 KB · Views: 45

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks like she's trying to scrape the stuff off of the rock. Probably similar to a natural food source in the wild. Lichen or moss or something...

Its when they start trying to eat small pebbles that you have to worry. In that case, increase the calcium supplementation and order a product called "Miner-all". Its a mineral supplement and will usually curtail that sort of thing.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I don't think it hurts them. It can help trim their beaks, sometimes I wonder if that is why they do it. Mine do it occasionally.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I have a big piece of petrified wood in my redfoots' outdoor enclosure. I have seen an old wild caught male nibble at it a few times.

ewam

5 Year Member
Southern Ca.
My leo always trys to bite the cement but he never eats things that are good and supposedly tasty for them like Mazuri when cement would have no taste.

Kailey

5 Year Member
My Russian is often caught nibbling on the sides of his clay food and water dishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.