Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
i felt it! i was about to go up into the loft to get some camping gear down. good thing i waited!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I barely felt the end of it, it was so gentle and light I was only sure after I saw the drapes moving, it did last for a long time though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I felt it. I thought I was dizzy all of a sudden, then I saw all sorts of other stuff moving. Very gentle rolling up here.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i was at a family easter gathering in Rowland Hills, CA, and i was drinking a beer, and i thought i was already getting tipsy after 2 sips... lol. then i saw a light pole move and a few young girls started to scream. haha good times. i love LA. :) waiting for the big one to hit. 1994 was nothing...

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I was on the couch packing a box. My dog Yipped and I assured her it was nothing but an earthquake. It just kept going and going. I'm on a raised foundation so I felt it pretty good. Much better than the jerking type.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Yes, it was very rolling, wasn't it (because of the distance from the epicenter.) It lasted a while though...

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I felt it while I was putting my shoes on and felt sea-sick looking down; thought I was coming down w/something. My husband was standing up and didn't feel it until I told him. I don't understand how he couldn't. A friend from San Diego called and said his house almost fell off of foundation. He was so upset. How sad for Mexico....and so many devastating earthquakes lately around the world...my friend in Chile is safe but trying to help this one old lady build a house. Anyone wants to donate a container?

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
What kind of container?

Sorry--I meant big old shipping freight containers (either 20 to 40 feet) to send to Chile. Cost is around $1000 U.S. for each 40 foot container if purchased. There are options for shipping donations.

If anyone has a resources, please let me know. I'll forward to my friend Craig who is getting aids together. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.