E Hermann's no longer eating and it keeps trying to get out

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
So I would assume that the solutions would to be either build a bigger box and or let him outside more? Have any methods on how I can carry my tort without scaring him too much? I get the feeling he doesn't liked getting picked up too often so how can I make the experience less stressing for him?

Place your tortoise inside a dish pan while transporting them from one place to another.

Now bringing the tortoise outside to a larger enclosure may also make them fully aware of how much bigger that enclosure is compared to the one they're going to be stuck in for the majority of the time. This is not me trying to force you into building a bigger enclosure but to let you know that this does happen with tortoises.

1. There are some options you can try to prevent them from trying to claw their way out of your current enclosure. A bunch of small pebbles, like 2-3 inch on the corners will create a slippery surface which prevents the tortoise from getting enough footing to climb upwards towards the walls.

2. Large leafy plants that cover a good portion of the enclosure's edge to create shady areas may prevent the tortoise from trying to climb that part of the wall.

3. Covering glass/plastic see-through enclosures to prevent the tortoise from seeing the outside of their enclosure. This is there to prevent the tortoise from ramming the glass but a way to prevent them from being too interested in the other side of the glass enclosure.

Oobleckof1898

Location (City and/or State)
San Ramon
He's ignoring his food again even though I bring him outside whenever I can...
He'll sniff at it, but then just walk away.