Dumb yet important questions! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewTurtleMommy

5 Year Member
Hello. I am a newbie and NEED advice-so please by all means lay it on me!-lol. I am building a pen in our backyard for our newly rescued boxie-to be honest I have looked at the beautiful enclosures on here and already feel inadequate! :D

We will be constructing our pen out of cinderblocks.Does something need to be underground to prevent digging, or will pebbles around the borders suffice? Also, I live in Texas, so we have tons of skunks and possuems in our yard-our boxie is about medium size-will he still require a screen over his habitat? Thank you so much for looking and I am excited for all the advice-you guys are AWESOME!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Don't feel bad I see some of these enclosures and I feel ashamed (terryo), I use cinderblocks also,a and I put the plastic gardening stuff that is used to keep plants from growing out of their area like bamboo. It is plastic pieces about 6 inches long 4 or so inches high, and and are usually black in color, I put them all around underneath the dirt right beside the cinerblocks it seems to discourage digging by my boxie. Possums should not harm a boxie, but skunks will eat anything they can get their hands on just like coons, I would suggest a cover or a very very secure hiding spot for your little guy.

NewTurtleMommy

5 Year Member
Thank you so much-yes Terryo replied to my last post and her enclosure looks better than half the ones at the zoo-lol. Thank you for the advice-I was wondering if he could dig out underneath the blocks or not. I hear ya on the skunks-I had two of my dogs get into a nest a few summers back, and wow! They were sprayed so bad I had to stay home from work the next day..so stinky but such cuties! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.