DT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntoTheWildReptiles

5 Year Member
I got a rescue DT he is about 5 yrs old. He is in a large pin outside and a food plate and two hides. He loves to eat his grass. My question is, is it ok for him to be outside when the sprinklers come on? I turned them off until I got some information about it. It gets high 90s low 100s. Thank you for any help.

Brandon

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
As long as he has a dry place to retreat to if he feels like it, there should be no problem. My torts love getting wet on a hot day.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
my sulcatas love the sprinkler when its hot. in fact they love to drink water in a puddle or running instead of out of thier bowls. as long as they have a dry spot and its warm, it should be fine.

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
Desert tortoises LOVE rain/getting sprinkled in the hot summer months. It's a great time for them to come out for a drink. Like others have said, as long as they have a dry spot to retreat to afterwards, it should be fine.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
It's a great idea as long as it is not cold, and he has a place to retreat. Does he also have a water area? What does he eat besides grass?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
As long as when he goes to dry off, he is in a sunny place I don't see the harm. Mine personally lone to go out when I am watering the yard and splash in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.