Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi everyone :)
I have been giving rocky a soak every 3 days but he is still dry, his shell and around his eyes and head is really dry too. Any ideas?

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
substrate is eco earth compressed coconut fiber
I have a UV Powersun light
Temps during the day under the light is 95-100
And the cooler side is around 70s low 80's
Humidity is around 55-60

M

Maggie Cummings

All Russian torts look dry. I would soak a Russian 3 times a week as they really don't like it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'd like to see a pic. Just how dry is dry? Maggie is right, they do generally look pretty dry. Most pics that get posted on this site are of wet tortoises. If you are comparing yours to that, it will look very dry.

I'm not usually a big fan, but have you thought of VitaShell? It does make them look better and it does no harm...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He is also an adult and as I recall a wild caught looking one, he is never really going to have the pretty shell again of a young one. I think along with the other suggestions, the main one is give him some time and keep up the proper care.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The CDTs here happily look dry most of the time...they live in the desert here happily out in the dirt...burrow into the earth....swat out a pallett in the dirt....they are hydrated-plump, springy skin, well rounded eyes not sunken....but unless they are running through the sprinklers or hitting the slip n slide :)P) they are well, dry...:D

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
ascott said:
The CDTs here happily look dry most of the time...they live in the desert here happily out in the dirt...burrow into the earth....swat out a pallett in the dirt....they are hydrated-plump, springy skin, well rounded eyes not sunken....but unless they are running through the sprinklers or hitting the slip n slide :)P) they are well, dry...:D

LOL slip n slide ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.