Dry skin on head of red foot tortoise

Yoda_the_redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
This is yoda. He is around 5 months old, for about two months he has has what looks like really dry skin around his head it is only dry there, no where else. He drinks water daily and gets a bath outside every other day. He has recently just shed some skin off of his neck but that looked normal and he did that by him self. But this skin on his head looks like it could be uncomfortable is there anything I can do to help with the dry skin on his head?

Attachments

• IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9843.jpeg
    IMG_9843.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
how should I fix this
If I'm correct, it doesn't need to be fixed. But to look better, some members use some type of oil.
Hopefully one of them will come along soon. I have no experience with that.
Just rest assured that I personally don't think your little tort is in any type of distress in the meantime.
What are your heat sources?
Do you mist with a spray bottle?

Yoda_the_redfoot

Florida
If I'm correct, it doesn't need to be fixed. But to look better, some members use some type of oil.
Just rest assured that I personally don't think your little tort is in any type of distress in the meantime
Ok thank you so much for the response

Yoda_the_redfoot

Florida
Just rest assured that I personally don't think your little tort is in any type of distress in the meantime.
What are your heat sources?
Do you mist with a spray bottle?
On one side of his enclosure I use a Fluker basking bulb(incandescent reptile lighting) 100 watt.
And I do mist the walls of the enclosure to help keep humidity up but never do I directly mist him

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Do you ever see white spots on the glass after the water dries?
You could probably use inexpensive bottled water for misting. Although misting shouldn't be needed with a correctly functional closed chamber enclosure

Yoda_the_redfoot

Florida
Do you ever see white spots on the glass after the water dries?
You could probably use inexpensive bottled water for misting. Although misting shouldn't be needed with a correctly functional closed chamber enclosure
I do see white spots on the glass after. However I only mist down the walls of the enclosure once a week. Which by doing it once a week seems to keep humidity at a constant 85-90 percent.