Dry head

Zoeclare

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
I don't know if I'm making something out of nothing here but to me the top of Nitros head looks dry, even when it's wet if that makes sense! I had him on coco coir for his first year and recently switched to fir bark now his bigger. I can't work out if its a bit of residual staining from the coir or if the bark isn't moist enough, my humidity is good 80-90%throughout the enclosure with the humid hide being 99%. It's a closed chamber as well so the humidity doesn't escape during the day.

Attachments

• DSC_0818.JPG
    DSC_0818.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0817.JPG
    DSC_0817.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 55

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Is that a Redfoot?! It looks like a redfoot cross with a leopard, but I know that’s not possible...

Zoeclare

Uk
Yes he is a Brazilian redfoot he just has crazy marbling! It's starting to darken again now though.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My tort gets the same thing from time to time even when kept in super high humidity. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Tortisedonk7

Indonesia
Yes he is a Brazilian redfoot he just has crazy marbling! It's starting to darken again now though.

Wow beautiful tort! I’ve never seen marbling like that. Also the individual bright red scales on the head are very interesting.
I can only hope mine will get marbling. Good luck with him.

Zoeclare

Uk
Thank you! I thought after the first year I'd stop worrying so much but I'm still fretting all the time ?
Just read that back and it sounds weird! I meant after the first year of having him I'd chill out a bit lol!

Zoeclare

Uk
Wow beautiful tort! I’ve never seen marbling like that. Also the individual bright red scales on the head are very interesting.
I can only hope mine will get marbling. Good luck with him.
Thank you! I think the new growth makes it look more extreme, you can see more here how its going a bit darker round the edges of the scutes

Attachments

• DSC_0822.JPG
    DSC_0822.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 22