Doesnt like dandelions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Are you offering the leaves or the flower...if you can't..chop the leaves and flowers up small and add to the mix you feed....eventually your tort will be like...wholly cow these are awesome species (also they will get that flower high once and will love it) :D

Lol...I meant "if you can" not "if you can't"...using my dumb smart phone...:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Also, it's not like it's the end of the world if Moon doesn't like dandelions. Some do and some just don't. Or they don't like them one day and act like they are candy the next (or vise versa).

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Are you offering the leaves or the flower...if you can't..chop the leaves and flowers up small and add to the mix you feed....eventually your tort will be like...wholly cow these are awesome species (also they will get that flower high once and will love it) :D

Lol...I meant "if you can" not "if you can't"...using my dumb smart phone...:D

Unfortunately my grass has gotten so out of hand I can't tell the dandy leaves from the other rift raft growing there. So I just offer the flowers lol.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
This time last year would only eat dandelions. \At the moment, he'll eat the flowers, but not the leaves. He'll change his mind again at some unspecified point in time.

He's faddy and the fads change regularly!

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Ok could anyone please tell me if any of these are edible. I know y'all get this alot but it would really help me to know if I have more than three types of edible weeds in my yard before I go out and buy stuff. I'll load them one at a time and wait for a response before loading the next to keep confusion down thanks :D

image-3723771679.png

The first one here is where I WAS getting my dandelions until these started popping up

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mine love them even my new leo babies do, though there new favorite seems to be grape leaves. But there is no problem there is lots for them to eat out there.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Mine love them even my new leo babies do, though there new favorite seems to be grape leaves. But there is no problem there is lots for them to eat out there.

Sorry maybe I needto start a new thread for this but I was trying not to clutter the forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.