Does turtle eat turtle????

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuki851015

5 Year Member
The baby southern painted I just bought disappear!!!!!!! I couldn't find it anywhere ! I have another two yellow belly slider! Is that possible they eat it ?????
Somebody help me !>_<

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I know that tortoises will eat other tortoises, but if they are already dead. What was the size difference between the two, is there anything else in the tank, or are they housed outside in a pond? Make sure there is no way he could have gotten out and is walking around some place.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
They can eat each other if there is a difference in size, but there would be some carcass left over most likely. I have had RES eat dead ones in my pond before I could get to them, but there should be something left.

yuki851015

5 Year Member
image-1396172623.png

They are different size like this. But this morning when I went out they were find. And they have been live together for two days already!!!!

wellington said:
I know that tortoises will eat other tortoises, but if they are already dead. What was the size difference between the two, is there anything else in the tank, or are they housed outside in a pond? Make sure there is no way he could have gotten out and is walking around some place.

image-301562328.png

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
It is unlikely the yellow ate the others completely- but that small could have been snatched by a lot of other predators, including birds.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No the other turtle didn't eat him. If you've looked all through the whole tank and are very sure he's not in there, then perhaps he has climbed out and escaped.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Dig up all the dirt and its surroundings. I bet it's still alive and burrowed deep under. Keep me posted.

yuki851015 said:
The baby southern painted I just bought disappear!!!!!!! I couldn't find it anywhere ! I have another two yellow belly slider! Is that possible they eat it ?????
Somebody help me !>_<

Status
Not open for further replies.