Does she look Ivory to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
This is Cecilia, Does she look Ivory to you? she loos light colored but i dont know if she is ivory, Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF1726.jpg
    DSCF1726.jpg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 114

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Not to me on my monitor.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Light toned, but not an ivory on my monitor with the dark new growth.

The eyes should say it all, really.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
South, Texas
I thought you could only tell from albinos because they have the red eyes. Or am i wrong?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Ivories don't have red eyes...they are not true albinos. In any event, both gorgeous...neither is Ivory!:(

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
DeanS said:
Ivories don't have red eyes...they are not true albinos. In any event, both gorgeous...neither is Ivory!:(

That's correct about the eye color. Whether tyrosinase positive albinism with adequate substrate (which would be true albinism despite not necessarily presenting ocularly) or leucism, the eyes should not be pink.

DeanS, I have seen many claim T+ status, but do you happen to know if that has actually been tested by anyone and not just repeated?

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
Baoh said:
DeanS said:

That's correct about the eye color. Whether tyrosinase positive albinism with adequate substrate (which would be true albinism despite not necessarily presenting ocularly) or leucism, the eyes should not be pink.

DeanS, I have seen many claim T+ status, but do you happen to know if that has actually been tested by anyone and not just repeated?

can someone explain to me T+ status ? first time ive heard this, sounds interesting. also great looking sullys !

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
ADVANceNA said:
Baoh said:
DeanS said:

can someone explain to me T+ status ? first time ive heard this, sounds interesting. also great looking sullys !

I don't know for sure that it's been tested (or not). That would definitely be something to question Richard Fife about. I know that Tom had an in-depth conversation with him last Fall at the TTPG conference, but I don't know that that topic came up. Now, as for leucism...yes, Ivory tortoises are leucisitic. I'd like to see this probed deeper, as well.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Richard did an entire presentation on the Ivories and he did mention all that stuff, but I honestly don't remember all the technicalities. If you email him, I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you what he knows. He's been very generous with his time when I have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.