Disrespectful Tortoise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
Does anyone else have a VERY disrespectful tortoise?
My lil Russian, rudest little thing ever!

I plant nice flowers and weeds.
He rips them up, he walks over them he tramples them, and... EATS them.
How dare he!
Also...
He walks around his entire cage, but sits down and plops me out a nice gift, ON HIS FOOD PLATE!

Little thing shows NO respect for me and my hard work keeping his cage clean and nice.

Sheesh!

PLEAASSEEEE he would be a boring pet if he behaved him self...
Cheers

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sounds right on par for a Russian Tortoise. How rude!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mine also love to poop on their food

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
On the food, in the water, on ME, and generally smeared all over despite daily cleanings sounds just about right for a Russian. :D

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
LOL
it keeps me 'busy' I guess...
The worst is, in the morning before I goto work, I take 20 min to care for and see all my animals.
Make sure his tile plate is nice and clean... I get home from work, and its ALL dirty :(
The plants I think is more of a game...
I put the plant in, bury the pot under the substrate, turn around.
Within 5 minutes of it going in, Dog is out crawling around it, on top of it, even UNDER it. It really is fun to watch, except when he chows down an entire plant!(He had a big meal already that day!)
And I keep all liquor out of the house, so my 'kids' can not get their grubby claws onto it :)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
20 minutes?!?! Lord, it takes me three hours in the morning before work.... Then another hour or so at night.

Broda805

5 Year Member
was watching my lil guy eat this morning before work. chomping down his greens and he suddenly stoped before the last pieces looked spooked or something he turned, scrambled out of his food dish and stoped few inches away..... hind legs go out tail waggin... and plop a small little steamer lol

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
kyryah said:
20 minutes?!?! Lord, it takes me three hours in the morning before work.... Then another hour or so at night.

Well when I say care, I mean cleaning and replenishing water and feeding. 3 ball pythons, Three Toe Turt, one dragon, one russian tort.
Which does not take too long, the dragon/snakes have particle free substrates. And the dragon/turt/tort I only have to make 2 types of meals a day, worms and greens... With pre cut veggies for the turt.
Then I go off to work I go.
I get home and rebuild cages, provide evening snacks, remove daily waste, give baths if needed. Then they are all in view of my couch where every other night I will find my butt. :)

deborahbroadus

5 Year Member
Baltimore, MD
Just want to ask what are the temps? The tort shouldn't be pooping right after eating unless the food is running right though him?

I know with the Redfoods that the only time a tort should have runny poop is when he is ill or the food is running right though him for lack of a hot spot (either uth or uv heat bulb).

moswen

5 Year Member
haha how cute! this post made me smile... i love tortoises!

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
deborahbroadus said:
Just want to ask what are the temps? The tort shouldn't be pooping right after eating unless the food is running right though him?

I know with the Redfoods that the only time a tort should have runny poop is when he is ill or the food is running right though him for lack of a hot spot (either uth or uv heat bulb).

Well he eats everyday, so even if it takes a week to go through him, he will still poop almost everyday....

Dog got a high temp of 100 then a bask spreading out to about 90, a cage min of 74, with a nice size area 80-85

samstar

5 Year Member
goodsmeagol said:
Does anyone else have a VERY disrespectful tortoise?
My lil Russian, rudest little thing ever!

I plant nice flowers and weeds.
He rips them up, he walks over them he tramples them, and... EATS them.
How dare he!
Also...
He walks around his entire cage, but sits down and plops me out a nice gift, ON HIS FOOD PLATE!

Little thing shows NO respect for me and my hard work keeping his cage clean and nice.

Sheesh!

PLEAASSEEEE he would be a boring pet if he behaved him self...
Cheers

he seems exactly the same like my female star, she also pushes the male out of his hut once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.