digital thermometer w/ app recommendations?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Does anyone have a digital thermometer/hygrometer that gives info to your phone that you've had success with that you like?

I see very mixed reviews online so would like something people have personal experience with. Last year my fridge broke down over a weekend (pre-tortoise being put there, fortunately) so I'm a little paranoid about having a remote way to monitor my fridge's temps.

Any success stories out there?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Does anyone have a digital thermometer/hygrometer that gives info to your phone that you've had success with that you like?

I see very mixed reviews online so would like something people have personal experience with. Last year my fridge broke down over a weekend (pre-tortoise being put there, fortunately) so I'm a little paranoid about having a remote way to monitor my fridge's temps.

Any success stories out there?
@Markw84 likes the Sensor Push brand and they've sponsored several projects too. He's tried several of them, and prefers the Sensor Push ones.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello! I use this one from TP-Link paired with their "SmartHub" device to monitor indoors enclosure. App is really straightforward, notifications on temperature/humidity thresholds and such could be set.

But considering such delicate topic as "brumation fridge" SensorPush devices seems to be a better option. TP-Link are nowhere near "medical grade" devices..

I wonder how power outages could be handled, when the fridge, Internet connection and "smart gateway" itself all go down. Checked SensorPush website - they have addressed this problem, so it's another "tick" for them. Details here

Last edited:

olive_the_tortie

NC
Hello! I use this one from TP-Link paired with their "SmartHub" device to monitor indoors enclosure. App is really straightforward, notifications on temperature/humidity thresholds and such could be set.

But considering such delicate topic as "brumation fridge" SensorPush devices seems to be a better option. TP-Link are nowhere near "medical grade" devices..

I wonder how power outages could be handled, when the fridge, Internet connection and "smart gateway" itself all go down. Checked SensorPush website - they have addressed this problem, so it's another "tick" for them. Details here
Reading this for my indoor setup! I like that this has an app. how did you fix the square in the your setup (ground/wall)? I see on amazon you can get the bundle with the hub, what does the hub do??

Ty ty!
Susie

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
The hub is used to connect several devices to it (temperature, door opening, leakage sensors, smart buttons and so on). The hub itself is connected to a WiFi and Internet and allows to control sensor devices, receive notifications and view measurements from the smartphone app.

I didn't really bother with "fixing" sensors to the walls - they are just lying around wherever I need to get the meterings. You can use double-sided sticky tape to fix the sensor (maybe it even has a sticker in the box, I don't remember) also it has a lace loop to hang it.