Did the Aldabraman retire from the Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
I was just wondering if the Aldaraman retire from the Forum? The last thing I read from him was that he might be back some day. I will miss the picture of his tortoise. He also always had nice things to say about our pictures. I hope I mis- understood what he said.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't mean to be. Its just that everyone has free will and we can't hold onto them if they don't want to be here. Since he didn't give a reason for leaving, there's no sense in guessing. Maybe his tortoise-keeping got to be too much and he doesn't have time for the computer anymore. Unless he tells us, we'll never know.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Maybe he just doesn't want to mess up his perfect 5000 post count. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
JeffG said:
Maybe he just doesn't want to mess up his perfect 5000 post count. :rolleyes:

I was just going to say...maybe he was going for a milestone and when he reached his 5,000th post decided to call it quits.

LaTortue

5 Year Member
Borex, Switzerland
I like Aldabraman's tortoises they are awesome! And why do you guys put so much negative energy here? If he comes back yay, If he doesn't, Oh well? Fantastic Tortoise Keeper he is!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry...didn't realize we were being negative. Did you want us to do the happy dance? :p

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
He can't go far! There are only so many forums he could join if he wanted. With that herd he could never hide for to long. I bet he just got busy. At least he left us with beautiful pics!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There's only so much we can do about members who leave. I hate to see anyone quit posting. Each member is important to me. When I realize that we haven't seen posts from any certain member, I'll send them an email inviting them back to give us an update on their tortoises. But if someone wants to leave, that's not up to us.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That's great that you invite old members back! I go through old post and I don't recognize the names and wonder why they left and don't want to share their torts w/ us anymore. Some of them have great enclosures and you can't ask them questions because it's been so long and you know they won't see it.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I think he is just busy.. maybe he is helping the guy who got his torts confiscated..
Or maybe he is just taking a break.. I do once in a while.. not here as much...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sometimes people just decides to take a break, nothing wrong with that...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The forum can seem a bit like "Groundhogs Day" sometimes, so a break from time to time is probably a good idea. Better that than to get completely burned out and leave for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.